Geographical and Urban Information:
Kish is the most important Iranian island in tourism and commerce which attracts many visitors from Iran and other countries each year.
This island was named as The Pearl of the Persian Gulf in 1992 and it has had many great advancements in tourism since then. It is now a one of a kind destination in free zones in Iran and has helped make Iran a popular tourist destination and as famous as other cities of Iran namely Shiraz and Isfahan.
In all four seasons the weather is mostly stable with golden sandy beaches, clear skies, great sunshine and blue waters of the Persian Gulf. These features enhance the island with clean air and a relaxing sensation.
Kish is about 91 km2 located in the south of Iran and northern parts of the Persian Gulf. This island is shaped like an oval; the big diameter being 15 km and the small diameter being 8 km. This island is part of Hormozgan and the city of Bandar Lengeh.
Among many geographical advantages of this island is its strategical position. It is located in the Persian Gulf with clear skies and steady waters during 8 months of the year. Coral beaches along the island also help make this island an ideal spot for tourism and commerce.
Its population is about 35000 and hosts millions of visitors from Iran and other countries during the year.
Economy in Kish Island:
Some advantages and infrastructures of economical activities in Kish free zone.
- Tax free for 20 years in all economical activities.
- Lawful guarantee and support in foreign investments.
- Permission for company establishment with 100% foreign ownership.
- Activity in savings bond exchange, goods exchange, oil and petrochemical products.
- Exemption from customs payment fees for importing raw material and industrial machinery for production units.
- Simple export and transit demands.
- Transit access point to the Middle East and neighboring countries of Iran with a population range of more than 400 million people.
- Permission to export produced material in Kish to main lands according to the value-added system.
- Ports currently docking ships with a capacity of 12000 tons and 35000 tons capacity in the near future.
- Exemption from customs and docking payment fees for exporting goods.
- 15% reduction in commerce interest fees for importing goods to main lands through Kish Island.
- Independent customs in free zones connected to international markets.
- Permission to enter and exit funds and profits.